Translated by Jieying Guan
Zhong, a nearly 30 years old man with Down’s syndrome, comes from a single parent family in Taipei. His IQ will always stay at the level equaled with a 10-year-old person. Zhong has many work experience in different fields, but all of them are transient. He had been bullied in different ways (beating from the boss or other staff, drinking and smoking under threats) during the works. His mother has been worried and concerned. Zhong shoulders a major responsibility of income for the family, but he lost the courage to find another job after being fired so many times.
- The First Social Welfare, offer job opportunities
- Employ handicapped people who beyond 18
- So far they give jobs to 63 mental handicapped young person
- Weiping Fang, the manager of The First Social Welfare,saying:
- Our goal is always clear and our work has been accepted from many sectors in society.